Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
B.S. in Business Management with a concentration in Global Management with minors in Accounting & Finance and Spanish.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

PROJECT KRUSHI

My most memorable experience on the study tour was visiting PROJECT KRUSHI.







Project Krushi aims to create a home for children who are homeless or have a home but their family do not have the capacity to provide them with a bright future. We were welcomed with open arms.

They are fed, clothed, disciplined, and most importantly educated. The ideology of Krushi is "to help the child realize his full potential for his all around development" and "to treat every child as our own child."


After a tour the orphanage, we got a chance to play soccer and basketball with them until the bell rang meaning it was lunch time.




They are extremely disciplined, they wait in line patiently for their food, then they seat down and wait until everyone has their food. Then they perform a prayer to thank for having food. One kids is chosen to lead the prayer and the rest follow. They do not use any utensils to eat instead they eat with their hands. I did not feel right to eat with spoon and fork, so I decided to put my self in their shoes and eat with my hands.
Above is my favorite kid. The day we visited was his first day at the orphanage. He had fled from his parents from a northern part of India. He held my hand for most of the time that we were there. This was one of the most touching moments I have experienced in my life. I was delighted to be in the presence of these kids and to be able to share a meal with them. Visiting Project Krushi was a humbling experience that I will not forget for the rest of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment