Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
B.S. in Business Management with a concentration in Global Management with minors in Accounting & Finance and Spanish.

Monday, January 17, 2011

OMMMMM!!!!!


Wow! Now I understand why many people often compliment yoga as a great way to get away from reality and get in touch with your inner self. While we were staying at the Fireflies ashram in Bangalaru, we met a yoga instructor from Canada named, Marc Joseph. We were the only ones visiting the ashram around this particular time. Marc was kind enough to offer us a yoga group session. I can honestly say that on Thursday, January 6th, 2011, I did yoga for the first time in my life, in Bangalaru, India! I was introduced to another form of art. I have done similar stretches before but never to this level of intensity and concentration. My entire body felt rejuvenated. I do admit that it felt awkward and painful at times but the end result was all worth it.


We enjoyed doing yoga so much that Barry and I woke up at 6:30 next morning to practice it once again. Barry and I walked in to the yoga room where the instructor was meditating and waiting for us. It felt great to start of the morning in a peaceful state of mind. Some of the stretches were demanding and made me break a sweat but it was all worth it. The perseverance, motivation and relaxation that I gained from YOGA these first two times will motivate me to keep practicing it. Below is Marc Joseph giving Barry a Thai massage. This picture captured the moment before he accidentally dropped him.



I have been doing my research on Yoga and I am looking for a class around the area where I could practice it. Hopefully, I will be able to find a class that fits my schedule so that I can continue to practice Yoga. Ten years from now, I can look back with joy and say that I practiced Yoga for the first time at the Fireflies Ashram during my Study Tour to Bangalaru, India.

2 comments: